Great Software Laboratory Private Limited, its subsidiaries and any other directly controlled entities as may exist from time to time, hereinafter referred to as ‘GS Lab’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ is committed to respect your privacy and choices.
This document uses the term GS Lab, we, us, our, which means the GS Lab as an organization, its people (employees or contractors), vendors, sub-contractors and the processes.
This document outlines the data privacy protection policy of the organization GS Lab. It describes in details, how GS Lab collects, processes and discloses information, and what choices you have with respect to the information. While GS Lab had always been diligent in protecting the corporate and personal data, this policy is an amendment to the existing protection in light of the GDPR compliance’s requirements. This policy is also amended to bring better readability and clarity, in order to prevent any ambiguity in terms of its content and/or intentions.
Accuracy of information
Please make sure that any Personal Information you share with us is accurate and up to date information. If you are sharing any Personal Information on behalf of a third person, you should ensure that you are authorized to do so.
Information We Collect
GS Lab may collect and receive customer data and other information in a variety of ways:
- Personal data. This is required for on-boarding an employee and/or a contractor who shall work for GS Lab. Examples are (but not limited to): First name, Last Name, Address, birth date, personal email address, Job title, work place, Citizenship records, Background check details from law authorities. We shall not verify or authenticate such Personal Information as provided by you. We shall not be held responsible for getting an access to Personal Information as a part of providing the Services.
- Customer Data. GS Lab may also collect and/or generate and/or receives and/or process data as below:
- Authentication login details to sign into systems to perform duties and/or provide services to the customer.
- Log data gathered while catering services to the customer. This log data may include data elements as defined by the customer. Examples are (but not limited to) device information, location information, IP addresses etc.
- Additional information provided to GS Lab. We receive other Information when submitted to our websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with GS Lab.
- As a note referencing above data, while working or dealing or communicating with GS Lab, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any customer data.
Consent and Withdrawal
GS Lab ensures to obtain the consent from the entity or subject, either in written form or electronic form. While we rely on your consent to process the personal information, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by GS Lab in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the customer agreement and customer’s use of services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Depending upon the nature of business, services and tasks to be performed as a part of service agreements, GS Lab may either be a data processor or data controller. Below are various reasons that may prompt GS Lab either to be a processor or a controller of the collected data.
- To provide services and business operations.
- To adhere to the law, legal processes or regulations.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions, either as a part of formal communication or the support.
- To send emails and other electronic communications.
- For billing, finance, legal and all other administration related tasks.(but not limited to)
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
GS Lab may retain the customer data in accordance with the customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the customer agreement and customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law.
This information may include keeping your various data elements, even after the customer discontinues services and makes the contract voids. This is because GS Lab finds it essential to comply with various information security audits, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and work with law enforcement agencies.
How We Share and Disclose Information
This section describes how GS Lab may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of the data, and GS Lab does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
GS Lab may solely share and disclose customer data in accordance with a customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the customer agreement and customer’s use of services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
GS Lab may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process the obtained information, as a part of business functionality. In such cases GS Lab shall treat these third party companies as sub-processors and shall impose continuance of data privacy and security on them, via a formal contract and clear communication.
To the extent permitted by law, we may share your Personal Information with agents, contractors, consultants or partners of the Company in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, the Company. These agents, contractors or partners are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for the Company, or services for the collaboration in which they and the Company are engaged.
GS Lab is committed to lawful, fair and transparent processing of all personal information about our employees, customers, suppliers and other third parties during the course of business activities. GS Lab takes security of data very seriously and works very hard steps to protect it. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the data we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. GS Lab has deployed latest and standardized electronic equipment, information technology network, computing hardware and software for data protection that is monitored on a continuous basis to achieve round the clock information security assurance. GS Lab however cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. Although we provide appropriate firewalls and protections, we cannot warrant the security of any Personal Information transmitted as these systems are not hack proof. Data pilferage due to unauthorized hacking, virus attacks, technical issues is possible, and we assume no liability or responsibility for it. You are required to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking for your Personal Information.
International Data Transfers
As a part of service delivery, GS Lab may transfer your personal data to countries other than the one in which you live.
Data Protection Officer (GDPR)
GS Lab takes data privacy and its security very seriously. GS Lab will always comply with any applicable data protection legislation and will ensure that collection and use of personal information is carried out in accordance with applicable data protection laws. To that end, authoritative personnel shall always be designated as a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who shall be given an authority and responsibility of information security and data privacy. The objective of such designation shall be to have a single point of contact that shall be answerable for any information security related incident which compromises confidentiality, integrity, availability and privacy.
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com.
Your Rights in terms of GDPR
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Union, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You may contact GS Lab DPO or the Customer service contact, for additional help in this matter.
Links to other Websites
Governing Laws & Disputes
Changes to this policy